Thursday, May 17, 2007

Dull moment?


In case you didn't get a chance to see the dirty hit that Chris Pronger laid on Thomas Holmstom Tuesday evening, check it out. If I were Pronger's mum, I wouldn't own up to it. Obviously he deserved a suspension. Before I left the room for dinner, I didn't see anything about a suspension on the news. By the time I got to the restaurant, it was all over the place. En Francais. Of course, I couldn't be sure what they were saying about a suspension, so I asked the waiter. The waiter wasn't watching, and had no idea who Pronger might be, so he referred another waiter to my table.
The dirty S.O.B. got a one game penalty. Good start. As it turns out, my waiter doesn't follow hockey because he didn't grow up with it. Why not? Because he was from Mexico! As it turns out, David was vacationing in Montreal when he was 21 and he liked it so much, he decided to move there. Originally he was from Mexico City...so the transition has had the effect of moving to a small town. He's now 28 and speaks better French than I speak English.

No comments: