Thursday, May 17, 2007

View of the City

My first day here I sat in a class next to a gentleman name Francois. We got to talking a bit, and as it turns out he's an avid cyclist. I produced my bike path map of Montreal and asked him if there were any good routes I should try out since I brought my bike. He was so nice that he actually took out a piece of paper and drew me a map to a nearby park that he said was quite nice for riding.

The weather has been pretty lousy all week. It has been very cold, and wet. The thought of riding in this weather doesn't exactly have me jumping up and down. Rather than get covered in mud trying to ride in the rain, I decided to walk to the park. It's huge. For some reason it looked pretty small on the map. From various points in the park, most of greater Montreal is visible.

In case you would like to see what Montreal looks like, you can check it out here: http://www.digitalintuition.com/shared/montreal.wmv Please be warned that my web server is slow, and the file is about 10MB...so you probably want to download it in the background. Also, I cannot vouch for the quality of the photographer. Frankly, the guy should probably not quit his day job any time soon!

No comments: